I'm not a food critic, and will never claim to be one. I just love good food! My other passion is travel so this blog aims to combine the two so that I can share my global foodie experiences.
Guten Appetit!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Possibly the best Sandwich in the world.

We all know that France is renowned for it's fine bread and pastry, so it should not be surpirsing that I have had my best sandwich experience yet here in France. The sea-side town of Antibes on the Cote d'Azur is where you will find the sandwich in question, Chicken and Camembert on fresh rye bread, lightly toasted.
This sandwich is more a stack of yummy goodies than your lunch box style meal. The base piece of bread, which is delicious fresh rye, very lightly toasted, is layered with a fillet of grilled chicken that is still warm and juicy. On top of the warm chicken is a generous slab of camembert cheese that softens gently into the chicken. To top it all off is a thick slice of ripe tomato with a drizzling of basil pesto. Another slice of the delicious rye is placed on top, a skewer is needed to hold all the ingredients in place. Served with a green salad, this sandwich quickly becomes a filling meal. 

La Crème Brulée
21 Rue Thuret, 06600 Antibes, France

No comments:

Post a Comment