I'm not a food critic, and will never claim to be one. I just love good food! My other passion is travel so this blog aims to combine the two so that I can share my global foodie experiences.
Guten Appetit!

Monday, August 8, 2011

A simple pizza in Tuscany

Everyone knows that the chances of having a bad meal in Italy are slim.
On a recent road trip around the Med, a friend and I left booking our Tuscan accomodation to the last minute and had to settle for a campground on the coast. No problem as we had our tent. So after the long drive and the fun of setting up camp was over, it was time for the important part of the day - dinner!
We didn't have the energy to go far, so we stumbled down to the campground restaurant to see what we could get. I was impressed to find splendid wine for a bargain price of 3Euro a bottle and was pretty happy with the pizza served up from the woodfire oven too.
The base was thin and crispy, and the toppings were fresh and easy. Prosciutto, artichoke, mushroom and olive with just melted mozzerella was the choice I made from the extensive menu, and I wasn't disappointed. This little restaurant also did excellent desserts and I enjoyed a super creamy Panna Cotta. The pasta dishes being delivered to the surrounding tables were also clearly fresh and fabulous, but I was so packed from my pizza that I couldn't possibly cram a pasta in too. Such a shame!


No comments:

Post a Comment